Slices of Summer.
Dear Friends and Family,
Time to update my blog. Not a lot going on these days. I'm churning through dissertation materials and churning out a draft. I'm about 120 pages into it. I hope to have 300 pages and five polished chapters by Christmas. I'll finish three more chapters in the spring, including introduction and conclusion chapters. (First below, Beth and Grandma; second below, a snapshot back to Bill, Hope, and Stephen; third below, Stephen struggles to keep up)
As you've noticed, my blog features taken a couple of weekends ago in Rhinelander. Don, Hope, and the kids had a two-week vacation Up Nort this summer. I couldn't believe how much Stephen has changed in terms of walking and talking. Kenny and I shared a baseball/softball obsession this summer, and we convinced Bill and Don to play mini-games with us in George's field on Saturday. Beth is still a sweety and still fits snug as a bug next to me on the recliner. Nice but all too short visits with Bob, Bill, and the folks that weekend, too. (First below, Stephen lays down the law; second below, the photogenic Beth and I)
Jim "treated" me to a Brewer game a couple of weeks ago. We got to sit in the nicest seats that either of us have sit in in Miller Park, twelve rows up from the third-base dugout. We would have gotten some great pictures, too, if we hadn't used up the last of the camera battery to get pics next to the Klements Sausage Racers outside the ballpark before first pitch!
Last weekend, Jim and I got to visit our P.V. friends (Class of 2008) at a shindig at Scott Snyders. The Blue Moon Honeymoons and kebabs were great, but the weather was a little nippy. What a strange summer weather-wise. We're getting the heat and humidity this week, though. (From left to right, Scott, Greg, Jim D., Jim, Perron, Mary, Patty, and me)
I'm up in Rhinelander again this weekend. I volunteered to clean Mom and Dad's living room carpet. Mom is visiting the Hurlburts in Colfax this weekend, so it's just Dad and me here now. Dad has been a very good host. He took me to the Log Cabin Restaurant on Kemp Street for a steak dinner. Don't worry, Mom -- he's also been very attentive to the pets giving them treats and walks and what not.
Time to update my blog. Not a lot going on these days. I'm churning through dissertation materials and churning out a draft. I'm about 120 pages into it. I hope to have 300 pages and five polished chapters by Christmas. I'll finish three more chapters in the spring, including introduction and conclusion chapters. (First below, Beth and Grandma; second below, a snapshot back to Bill, Hope, and Stephen; third below, Stephen struggles to keep up)
As you've noticed, my blog features taken a couple of weekends ago in Rhinelander. Don, Hope, and the kids had a two-week vacation Up Nort this summer. I couldn't believe how much Stephen has changed in terms of walking and talking. Kenny and I shared a baseball/softball obsession this summer, and we convinced Bill and Don to play mini-games with us in George's field on Saturday. Beth is still a sweety and still fits snug as a bug next to me on the recliner. Nice but all too short visits with Bob, Bill, and the folks that weekend, too. (First below, Stephen lays down the law; second below, the photogenic Beth and I)
Jim "treated" me to a Brewer game a couple of weeks ago. We got to sit in the nicest seats that either of us have sit in in Miller Park, twelve rows up from the third-base dugout. We would have gotten some great pictures, too, if we hadn't used up the last of the camera battery to get pics next to the Klements Sausage Racers outside the ballpark before first pitch!
Last weekend, Jim and I got to visit our P.V. friends (Class of 2008) at a shindig at Scott Snyders. The Blue Moon Honeymoons and kebabs were great, but the weather was a little nippy. What a strange summer weather-wise. We're getting the heat and humidity this week, though. (From left to right, Scott, Greg, Jim D., Jim, Perron, Mary, Patty, and me)
I'm up in Rhinelander again this weekend. I volunteered to clean Mom and Dad's living room carpet. Mom is visiting the Hurlburts in Colfax this weekend, so it's just Dad and me here now. Dad has been a very good host. He took me to the Log Cabin Restaurant on Kemp Street for a steak dinner. Don't worry, Mom -- he's also been very attentive to the pets giving them treats and walks and what not.



3 Comments:
I'm willing to let you do my carpets as well!!! sweet pics of the kiddos!
yay! more videos -bill
Hmmmm...what to do thanksgiving? Don'll be calling tonight with plans!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home