Of Gems and Minerals.
Dear Family and Friends,
It's been a while since I've updated my blog, so I thought I should post a new entry. This blog will feature photos from a visit to the Colfax Hurlburts a couple of weekends ago. Lisa has the full story on her blog, so I will defer to her description of events, except for the captions to the pictures that follow. Obviously, I was the one who had the digital camera out that weekend! (First below, Emma, Lisa, Mikey, and little Leila; second below, Leila dons her birthday Badger finery; third below, Leila inveigles her way into a puzzle)
I am busy, busy, busy! I have a stack of student term papers to grade, and I am still working for Bob part-time here and there. My dissertation work has been going well, but I have had to put things on hold until I catch up on my grading. I've also decided to join a Monday-night softball league. (First below, Lisa's eye catches tiger eye; second below, more neat rocks)
I'll be heading up north to Rhinelander this weekend. Laurie and Lisa and their crews may also come. My plan is to help Mom and Dad prepare the soil for the garden. I also plan to clean out the stuffed up drain gutters on the garage. I hope the weather cooperates. The flowers and green grass are nice, but I'm getting a little tired of rain. (First below, Emma hugs Red Robin -- note Leila's consternation; second below, Michael chows down on a burger in a fashion reminiscent of a juvenile Uncle Jojo)
Less than three weeks remain before Jim and I are supposed to travel to Puerto Vallarto, Mexico. Yeah. What's been in the news lately about Mexico? Swine flu and drug violence. We still plan to go as it stands now, but we'll see if the situation deteriorates further. I'm going to look into a prescription of Relenza or Tamiflu this week, though. (Below, Emma enjoys her swing)
It's been a while since I've updated my blog, so I thought I should post a new entry. This blog will feature photos from a visit to the Colfax Hurlburts a couple of weekends ago. Lisa has the full story on her blog, so I will defer to her description of events, except for the captions to the pictures that follow. Obviously, I was the one who had the digital camera out that weekend! (First below, Emma, Lisa, Mikey, and little Leila; second below, Leila dons her birthday Badger finery; third below, Leila inveigles her way into a puzzle)
I am busy, busy, busy! I have a stack of student term papers to grade, and I am still working for Bob part-time here and there. My dissertation work has been going well, but I have had to put things on hold until I catch up on my grading. I've also decided to join a Monday-night softball league. (First below, Lisa's eye catches tiger eye; second below, more neat rocks)
I'll be heading up north to Rhinelander this weekend. Laurie and Lisa and their crews may also come. My plan is to help Mom and Dad prepare the soil for the garden. I also plan to clean out the stuffed up drain gutters on the garage. I hope the weather cooperates. The flowers and green grass are nice, but I'm getting a little tired of rain. (First below, Emma hugs Red Robin -- note Leila's consternation; second below, Michael chows down on a burger in a fashion reminiscent of a juvenile Uncle Jojo)
Less than three weeks remain before Jim and I are supposed to travel to Puerto Vallarto, Mexico. Yeah. What's been in the news lately about Mexico? Swine flu and drug violence. We still plan to go as it stands now, but we'll see if the situation deteriorates further. I'm going to look into a prescription of Relenza or Tamiflu this week, though. (Below, Emma enjoys her swing)Wish us luck. Until later.
jkbinturkey




2 Comments:
Great pictures, great times! So glad you joined us that weekend.
See you in a few days!
Enjoyed your blog posting! Hope you had a great Birthday this weekend! Rumor has it you did and then some!
Post a Comment
<< Home