Go Bradley Braves!
Dear Friends and Family,
I am very pleased to announce a new job. I have just agreed to become visiting assistant professor of history at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. I will teach western civilization surveys as well as Islamic history courses. The position is not tenure-track, but it is renewable, and it may lead to bigger things at Bradley or elsewhere. As one of my former professors at
Evansville told me, Bradley is fairly high up in the academic "food chain," so this is by all appearances a good opportunity. (First below, Bradley Hall, the oldest building on campus and site of my future office; second below, red-buds in bloom)

In other news, Happy Mother's Day! My mom once again proved to be a big help! She and Dad agreed to watch over my faithful feline Bucky while Jim and I got the condo ready in Madison to put "on the market." If the condo hasn't sold yet, I'll retrieve Bucky by early August (at the latest) to take down to Peoria with me. Jim will stay three-and-a-half hours away in Madison while I'm in Central Illinois. (First below, mom preparing breakfast for Bob and me on Mother's Day; second below, Mom's flower garden by the house, redone; third below, Bucky explores his new territory, meekly)


I am happy to have a little bit of clarity restored to my life. This summer, in addition to mowing with Bob, I'll be looking for a book deal for my dissertation, and I will be pushing to get a couple of articles as well. Busy, busy.
Best regards,
jkb
I am very pleased to announce a new job. I have just agreed to become visiting assistant professor of history at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. I will teach western civilization surveys as well as Islamic history courses. The position is not tenure-track, but it is renewable, and it may lead to bigger things at Bradley or elsewhere. As one of my former professors at
Evansville told me, Bradley is fairly high up in the academic "food chain," so this is by all appearances a good opportunity. (First below, Bradley Hall, the oldest building on campus and site of my future office; second below, red-buds in bloom)

In other news, Happy Mother's Day! My mom once again proved to be a big help! She and Dad agreed to watch over my faithful feline Bucky while Jim and I got the condo ready in Madison to put "on the market." If the condo hasn't sold yet, I'll retrieve Bucky by early August (at the latest) to take down to Peoria with me. Jim will stay three-and-a-half hours away in Madison while I'm in Central Illinois. (First below, mom preparing breakfast for Bob and me on Mother's Day; second below, Mom's flower garden by the house, redone; third below, Bucky explores his new territory, meekly)

I am happy to have a little bit of clarity restored to my life. This summer, in addition to mowing with Bob, I'll be looking for a book deal for my dissertation, and I will be pushing to get a couple of articles as well. Busy, busy.Best regards,
jkb


3 Comments:
Yay Jojo!
lulu
Hooray!!! Peoria can be made to be on our way North!!! We are so Happy for you! (though Bella and Draco may not be so happy--now that Bucky is in "their" room)
A very nice looking university! Congratulations to you. And I want a copy of your book when it's published!
Post a Comment
<< Home