Monday, November 29, 2010

Fall 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

What a beautiful and busy fall it's been. This entry is intended to be a clearinghouse of events and pictures accrued during the autumnal season. My apologies for not keeping up; I've been very busy filling out job applications. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures when I was up north for Thanksgiving -- consult Laurie's blog! (First below, Mom and Laurie in Rhinelander in September; second below, more fall colors)
The big family event of the season was cousin Josh Bayer's wedding in Wausau. It was held at a very impressive venue -- a hillside farm overlooking the golden environs of Rib Mountain. (First below, Uncles David and Donnie Bayer with Mom; second below, groom Josh and bride Hillary)
There were a couple of big campaign events in Madison this fall, too. (First below, Obama waves in front of the Red Gym on the UW campus; second below, a helicopter, for security?)
Of course, no fall in Madison would be complete without Badger football. Apart from our road trip to Vegas, I attended home games against Arizona State, Minnesota, and Ohio State. (First below, Jim and friend Char Lodl before the Minnesota game; second below, the crowd storms the field at Camp Randall after the Badgers beat up on the [formerly] #1 Buckeyes; third below, Bob and I at the OSU game; fourth below, ecstatic Jim and Perron)
The most enjoyable game for me was a road trip to Lafayette, Indiana to see the Badgers beat up on hapless Purdue. (First below, Bucky dances; second below, Ed and Tim with Jim and I after the game; third below, the Purdue band plays win or lose at a campus park after the game; fourth below, a tower on the Purdue campus)

All ended well for the football Badgers despite a hiccup against Michigan State. Jim is looking forward to going to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. (Below, note the garland of roses)
Yours,
jkb

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Great pics, as always! You and Jim look good in red :).

Tuesday, December 14, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home